06 May 2020
Interesting bits elsewhere:
- Life & Computing Science, a nice blog.
- Build systems à la carte: Theory and practice | JoFP, Neil Mitchell, Andrey Mokhov and Simon Peyton Jones offer a systematic, and executable, framework for developing and comparing build systems.
- Derek Parfit · Why anything? Why this? Part 1 | LRB 22 January 1998, i may agree or disagree with Parfit, but it's always a pleasure to follow his reasoning; here's part 2 of the essay.
- Imre Lakatos and the philosophy of bad science | Aeon Essays, quite the character too.
- Feynman's proof of the Maxwell equations | Fermat's Library
- ‘The whole thing is a monstrosity!’ How a symmetry heretic sees the Universe